Re: Free, accessible TV software

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

Thanks. Just tried a Start Menu search which brought up Microsoft's page informing me that Windows Media Center for Windows 10 has been discontinued. Hopefully there are other options but for now, there's always Windows 7.

On 8/1/2018 2:31 PM, Walker, Michael E wrote:
Does Windows 10 not have Windows Media Center? Have you tried going to the start menu and typing Windows Media Center into the search? Maybe they call it something different in Windows 10, or have a replacement program built in for it. If you are still not sure what to do, try a Google search for Windows 10 Media Center, and it should tell you what is the new toy on the market. Sorry, I do not keep up with this stuff adequately. I just look at what I need, and learn about a new app, as I go along. I mostly use iTunes, e-mail, and the web.
Mike
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of bob jutzi
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software
Sorry, I should have indicated TV Tuning software for use with a TV tuner adapter such as can be done using Windows Media Center under Windows 7.
On 8/1/2018 2:19 PM, Walker, Michael E wrote:
Could you provide more context on what you mean by watching TV? I
typically just go to Netflix.com in Firefox, log in, search for the
movie I want, and add it to my list, or play. You should see if what
is built into Windows 10 will work, if you need something else. Going
back to Windows 7 to watch TV is not acceptable. That tells people
developing for Windows 10 that it is okay for their software to be inaccessible.

Mike