From: "Felix G." <constantlyvariable@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2018 8:46 AM
Subject: [nvda] Intermittent lack of feedback in Windows Explorer

Hello,
I'd like to ask around if anyone else has noticed this disturbing trend:
When pressing enter on a folder in Windows Explorer, NVDA usually announces
"element view list" followed by the name of the first element in that
folder. Often, however, NVDA remains silent. Requesting developer info for
the navigator object then yields something like the log excerpt I am
posting below.
Any ideas how I could make this behave? Being a child of the age of DOS,
when there is silence I usually wait because I assume my command takes
longer to complete. I know I'm pedantic, but then this is software and not,
say, astrology.
Here is that log excerpt now:
name: ''
role: ROLE_LISTITEM
states: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen Abonnenten
aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
isFocusable: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
hasFocus: False
Python object: <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA object at 0x05B786D0>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA'>, <class
'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIItem'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.ListItem'>, <class
'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class
'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>,
<class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
location: None
value: ''
appModule: <'explorer' (appName u'explorer', process ID 1492) at address
5a151f0>
appModule.productName: u'Betriebssystem Microsoft\xae Windows\xae'
appModule.productVersion: u'6.1.7600.16385'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 264856
windowClassName: u'DirectUIHWND'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 0
windowThreadID: 0
windowText: u''
displayText: exception: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
UIAElement: <POINTER(IUIAutomationElement) ptr=0x42cc2e8 at 5c5be40>
UIA automationID: Exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
UIA frameworkID: DirectUI
UIA runtimeID: (1492, 217953568, 0)
UIA providerDescription: [pid:1492,hwnd:0x0 Main(parent link):Unidentified
Provider (unmanaged:EXPLORERFRAME.dll)]
UIA className: Exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
UIA patterns available:
All the best,
Felix