Re: Free, accessible TV software

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

This will help a lot. Thanks. After reading several reviews, I just ordered an Antenna called a No-cable from Amazon so look forward to trying this.

On 8/2/2018 6:16 AM, Stephen wrote:
Yes, I can press f2 from the main interface to get to live TV mode, and you can also press pg-up and pg-down to switch channels. I can't help out with the closed caption query though, sorry.
At 08:03 PM 8/2/2018, you wrote:
Hi,

If I may ask, have you been able to watch live TV with Next PVR? I
found this very difficult but it's always possible I was missing something.
Further, have you managed to access closed captioning with Next or any other
application?
Thanks,
Aman

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stephen
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2018 5:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free, accessible TV software

NextPVR does all of that for you.
The channel scanning is extremely accessible, and setting the software to
record via the web interface is a breeze.
At 07:28 PM 8/2/2018, you wrote:
Well if next pvr works with everything maybe thats fine.

Ofcause with all the tvs being digital it may be easier to set an
apple tv for tv viewing its a bit of a cost.

Or get used to your tv you have, not all channels can have audio
descriptions and while some tvs do have accessibility in them including
samsung ones, my 24 inch soni is not.

I got a sightling to set the tv and it works, ofcause you need to
memorise the channels you need and then go for it.

On 8/2/2018 7:20 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I think this is a big problem generally. The first thing is to define
what tv system its to work with. National differences are quite
radical, and of course the adaptor which is feeding the computer
could be any from built in cards to usb dongles and online tv, Sat tv
or terrestrial with all the different systems for AD and program
guides in different parts of the world.
I do not think anyone has cracked it globally.
there is still this tendency by the makers of this software that as
its a visual thing, no point in making it work for blind people is
there, kind of mindset.
 However if anyone does find such universal software then bring it on.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-