Re: New Google results page??

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  I have noticed that Google has recently changed it's search results criteria.  Yes, there is more emphasis on video and pictoral results.  A few things you can try.

1.  Press the windows key plus up arrow to maximize the search page.  I am not saying it will yield better results, but it might help some.

2.  try ending your search word or phrase with a  question mark, like "Fishing lines?" or "Household Gadgets?"

3.  Even if you are given a video or picture search result, there is no harm in clicking the page in question.  There might be textual answers that might lead you somewhere.

4.  You might find your answer in a page other than the first one, like in page two or 3 of the search results.  Sometimes, patience can be a virtue.

5.  If all else fails, or if you are in a hurry and do not have the patience to persevere with Google Search, then resort to using other search engines like Bing or Yahoo.  These are my strategies, and they do work for me most times.

Cheers!

On 2/8/2018 4:02 PM, zahra wrote:
hi brian.
i faced this issue in the recent days.
even i go to google website and write and search my desire item, but
finding the result became a little difficult.
what is the solution to make previous behaviour?

Its been a few days since i tried a google search from the address bar, but

now it comes up with a search choices with no apparent indication it has any

function, but it does and it then seems to get very confusing. Unfortunately

if you ignore it and use the search results list it seems very restricted
compared to how it was. It seems to be prioritising videos and pictures,
when what I really want are articles and web sites.

Is there any way to get the traditional system back or does one have to
figure out the new choices system after a log in to actually make it act in

a sensible way?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.