Re: New Google results page??

hi.
as i tested, my guess was true and the behaviour of google for search
result is the same in compare to the previous times, when javascript
is disabled.
disable javascript in about:config of firefox or settings in google
chrome and it should works properly.
however, i only tested with firefox, not other browsers!

I suspect that if you compare Google results to other search engines,
Google will be better. In addition, if people are concerned about privacy
issues, you can get a lot more privacy by not being logged into your Google
account when you search.

Others may want to compare other search engines to Google. One thing
missing from the search engines I tried was a caching feature. This is a
very useful feature at times. And the little comparison I've done, as I
recall, it's been quite awhile, seemed to show, though I didn't do a lot of
testing and this needs to be confirmed or disconfirmed, that I saw the most
relevant results sooner in the list.

and I'm not sure if these other sites show the address of where the link
leads. That is essential in today's security environment unless you know
how to see where the link leads in other ways.

I'd have to experiment to see if one method is better than another, that is
if having the address right there on the page is meaningfully more
convenient than using copy link location, then reading it from the clipboard
by making the screen-reader read the clipboard content.

As far as caching goes, it is invaluable if you are dealing with a web page
that is a pdf page, or something like an rtf document. Using the cached
version opens a Google converted version of the document. It is a standard
web page. it saves you conversion time or reading the document in a viewer.
It's right there as a web page.