- Add-on Updater and Screen Curtain: updated with top requested features
Add-on Updater and Screen Curtain: updated with top requested features
I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of updates to Add-on Updater and Screen Curtain. Note that these add-ons are proof of concept (prototype) add-ons and should be used to provide feedback to people developing these feature in NVDA Core:
- Add-on Updater (NVDA Core issue 3208): Joseph Lee
- Screen Curtain (NVDA Core issue 7857): Leonard de Ruijter/Babbage B.V.
In case of Add-on Updater, today’s build includes work from checkable list (NVDA issue 7491), thus serving as a field test of that issue. If you have any comments on checkable list, please send them to Leonard.
To check for add-on updates:
- If you have Add-on Updater installed, go to NVDA menu/Tools/Check for add-on updates.
- If you don’t have Add-on Updater, go to community add-ons website and install Add-on Updater.
- Due to addition of Screen Curtain in “add-ons under development” category, you’ll need to check for add-on updates a second time to update Screen Curtain.
- When new add-on updates appear, the first entry will be selected and announced automatically.
- Added ability to exclude add-ons from being updated. You can configure this by going to NVDA menu/Preferences/Settings/Add-on Updater panel. From “do not update add-ons” checkable list box, check add-ons you do not want Add-on Updater to update. This was requested by an add-on author.
- Added a check to make sure magnification wrapper can be imported.
- Added an unassigned gesture to toggle screen curtain.
- Added a toggle menu item in Tools that shows state of Screen Curtain.
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.