- Add-on Updater and Screen Curtain: updated with top requested features
Re: Add-on Updater and Screen Curtain: updated with top requested features
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
That’s concerning. What happens if you try checking for the update after installing Add-on Updater 18.08.3A?
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Friday, August 3, 2018 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Add-on Updater and Screen Curtain: updated with top requested features
I just updated the add on to update add ons and it got the latest.
I read to get the curtain one which i already have i had to go back a second time for it to see it and up date it so i did.
Only thing is it is still looking and i could not really cancel it it went on for quite a few minutes yet all the other add ons which i have were already updated.
I had to restart nvda so it would stop it from looking. Would that also be because the other add on is not up there? or a bug?
On 8/4/2018 9:09 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of updates to Add-on Updater and Screen Curtain. Note that these add-ons are proof of concept (prototype) add-ons and should be used to provide feedback to people developing these feature in NVDA Core:
- Add-on Updater (NVDA Core issue 3208): Joseph Lee
- Screen Curtain (NVDA Core issue 7857): Leonard de Ruijter/Babbage B.V.
In case of Add-on Updater, today’s build includes work from checkable list (NVDA issue 7491), thus serving as a field test of that issue. If you have any comments on checkable list, please send them to Leonard.
To check for add-on updates:
- If you have Add-on Updater installed, go to NVDA menu/Tools/Check for add-on updates.
- If you don’t have Add-on Updater, go to community add-ons website and install Add-on Updater.
- Due to addition of Screen Curtain in “add-ons under development” category, you’ll need to check for add-on updates a second time to update Screen Curtain.
- When new add-on updates appear, the first entry will be selected and announced automatically.
- Added ability to exclude add-ons from being updated. You can configure this by going to NVDA menu/Preferences/Settings/Add-on Updater panel. From “do not update add-ons” checkable list box, check add-ons you do not want Add-on Updater to update. This was requested by an add-on author.
- Added a check to make sure magnification wrapper can be imported.
- Added an unassigned gesture to toggle screen curtain.
- Added a toggle menu item in Tools that shows state of Screen Curtain.
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.