toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I also grabbed the latest add on for screen curtain i could not find out where the toogle is to turn the curtain on and off and to check for any thing else to do with it.
It looks as though if say you know your add ons have been updated then a little after say go to check again it keeps on telling you to wait like it is going in a loop. If there are add ons there they come down pretty quick. Since there is no cancel button
i had to restart nvda this was after say 10 minutes or so of it looking for updates. I am sure i have read if there is no updates it tells you but may be wrong.
On 8/4/2018 11:16 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
With a condition that you are willing to provide early feedback:
Can I please get the link for the curtain add-on?
That’s concerning. What happens if you try checking for the update after installing Add-on Updater 18.08.3A?
I just updated the add on to update add ons and it got the latest.
I read to get the curtain one which i already have i had to go back a second time for it to see it and up date it so i did.
Only thing is it is still looking and i could not really cancel it it went on for quite a few minutes yet all the other add ons which i have were already updated.
I had to restart nvda so it would stop it from looking. Would that also be because the other add on is not up there? or a bug?
On 8/4/2018 9:09 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of updates to Add-on Updater and Screen Curtain. Note that these add-ons are proof of concept (prototype) add-ons and should be used to provide feedback to people developing these feature
in NVDA Core:
- Add-on Updater (NVDA Core issue 3208): Joseph Lee
- Screen Curtain (NVDA Core issue 7857): Leonard de Ruijter/Babbage B.V.
In case of Add-on Updater, today’s build includes work from checkable list (NVDA issue 7491), thus serving as a field test of that issue. If you have any comments on checkable list, please send them to Leonard.
To check for add-on updates:
- If you have Add-on Updater installed, go to NVDA menu/Tools/Check for add-on updates.
- If you don’t have Add-on Updater, go to community add-ons website and install Add-on Updater.
- Due to addition of Screen Curtain in “add-ons under development” category, you’ll need to check for add-on updates a second time to update Screen Curtain.
- When new add-on updates appear, the first entry will be selected and announced automatically.
- Added ability to exclude add-ons from being updated. You can configure this by going to NVDA menu/Preferences/Settings/Add-on Updater panel. From “do not update add-ons” checkable
list box, check add-ons you do not want Add-on Updater to update. This was requested by an add-on author.
- Added a check to make sure magnification wrapper can be imported.
- Added an unassigned gesture to toggle screen curtain.
- Added a toggle menu item in Tools that shows state of Screen Curtain.