Re: [Nvda-devel] FW: [nvda] New speech framework in NVDA

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

One thing that has reached my ears from several people using, particularly laptops using relate sound hardware is that the hardware goes to sleep after a few seconds of no sound, probably due to some driver feature, and these means it seems there is a latency when new audio or speech is played even after a few seconds. Obviously not being a 10 user I cannot tell.
One luminary, who lives in New Zealand has called the current state of Windows 10 audio 'a dogs dinner' compared to windows 7.
I will say no more!
Maybe Microsoft need to check drivers more thoroughly before approving them. The person concerned returned a Surface series laptop due to this issue, but more recently others have mentioned it. I using 7, am feeling just a little smug, or I was till it did its woopsie on the a couple of days ago of course.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
This message sent from a Windows XP machine!

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2018 7:10 AM
Subject: FW: [Nvda-devel] FW: [nvda] New speech framework in NVDA

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 3, 2018 11:09 PM
To: NVDA screen reader development <nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>; joseph.lee22590@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Nvda-devel] FW: [nvda] New speech framework in NVDA

We concentrated on getting wxPython4, Braille display auto detection and system test framework into 2018.3.

Once 2018.3 is finalized, we will look at getting speech Refactor into NVDA master as soon as we can, so that it will be available in 2018.4.

Mick

On 4/08/2018 1:52 PM, joseph.lee22590@gmail.com wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Malykh
Sent: Friday, August 3, 2018 8:50 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] New speech framework in NVDA

Hello,

This question is for NVDA developers. At NVDACon it was announced that there is going to be a new speech framework in NVDA. I assume it's this
issue:

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/pull/7599

However, there is not much activity in this issue lately. I am wondering if NVDA is still planning to finish this issue and if there is any estimate how soon?

I am looking forward towards this issue because I have an idea of another add-on that would be possible if new speech framework is implemented.

Thanks

Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.