Re: Add-on Updater 18.08.4 patch to correct a regression from 18.08.3

Kevin Cussick

You can assign a gesture under input gestures I have done this and I think the beep is good enough.

On 04/08/2018 05:17, Gene New Zealand wrote:
Hi Joseph
This one is to do with the screen curtain.
I have noticed when nvda boots up the screen curtain is on. I have been told by my sighted partner.
this is when you turn on the computer for the first time and not stand by.
so to make her happy i went to tools then screen curtain and pressed the enter key on it so it would turn it off.
I then saved the configuration so it would not come up.
Computer gets turned off have a cup of coffee then boot back up the computer from off.
When it boots back up the screen curtain goes back on so then if the wife wants to use it i  will turn it off.
She says she can not see the screen to do it lol rof. I use it all the time that way i tell her.
I think may be the default should be off until you turn it on.
I am guessing if the sighted partner wanted to use the pc and did not know they would be stumped. On my computer when ever one of my computers boots up nvda comes on and so would the screen curtain until things are ironed out.
Will a short cut be created so it can be turned on and off quickly with out going through the menus?
By the way where i hear the beeps could down the track maybe have it say screen curtain on or off?
I do not know what others think but but would be easier than the beep. I think it is high beep for on and low for off?
fI am going to get her to see when i go into other screens etc if it stays on permanently until it is turned off I am guessing it will.
Gene nz
On 8/4/2018 2:06 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

First, I’d like to thank folks who have reported a bug where NVDA kept playing progress beep when trying to check for add-on updates. The root cause has been identified and a fix is now available in 18.08.4. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the problem, this one must be applied manually:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=nvda3208

Cheers,

Joseph