Re: installing nvda on new laptop

Don H

Thanks using insert control s resolved the issue and gave me all the available choices.

On 8/4/2018 12:32 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!
If pressing SpaceBar or Enter on the Change button closes the dialog, try pressing NVDA+Control+S...
That command should open the Change synth dialog...
Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team
Às 17:22 de 04/08/2018, Don H escreveu:
trying to install NVDA on a new laptop I purchased for my wife.  After installing it and going into the speech settings I only have the one core voices to choose from.  Why aren't any other options showing up? After the line that shows the one core voice there is a change button but if I press that the NVDA UI closes and I am back to the desktop.
Running latest version of Win 10 on this HP Envy 13z laptop.  It is running AMD processor and graphics if that makes any difference.
Thanks