Re: installing nvda on new laptop

Gene

I'm not sure why the change button closed the dialog.  I don't use newer versions of NVDA because I don't have a computer that runs a compatible version of Windows.  I have a Windows 7 computer but I never upgraded to service pack one because a program I use on occasion doesn't run.  I almost never use the computer online so there is no reason to make the change from a security standpoint.

I had thought the change button would be activated after you made changes after being in the dialog.  Evidently not, from what I read in the manual.  sorry for the confusion.

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2018 3:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] installing nvda on new laptop

Because it does the same thing as an ok button.  If there are no changes, what does an ok button do?  It closes the dialog and, it uses and saves changes you have made, or it may use and not save them if the program is designed to require you to permanently save the settings separately.  In this case, since you have made no changes, it changes nothing.  Ok means things are ok either as they are or as you have changed them.

gene