Re: Force Focus Mode?

Larry Silvermintz <silvermintz@...>

Any way at-all to put the focus-mode settings into a config file please?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2018 8:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Force Focus Mode?

 NVDA+shift+space temporarily disables NVDA's single letter (browse mode) navigation keys.  You can also force NVDA to switch between browse and focus mode by pressing NVDA+space, but again that is temporary, and also that one is a toggle (so it swaps between browse and focus mode and back if you press it again).

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 4:16 AM, Larry Silvermintz <silvermintz@...> wrote:

I’m partially-sighted as are many people, so I am using NVDA with ZoomText.  and only in focus-mode can you use vital Accessibility features of Firefox, such as  “Search for text when you start typing”.  Also, the text highlighting doesn’t work correctly when not in focus mode.

It would be most valuable to have an add-on to force focus mode if NVDA really can’t currently do it.

What are the possibilities?

Larry