From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2018 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: FW: [Nvda-devel] FW: [nvda] New speech framework in NVDA

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 04:18 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

We were promised that any driver certified by Microsoft would be checked,
this clearly is not happening.
Testing, any testing, is finite. It is possible for things to slip by, and if the issue is as described, and occurring only when speech rate is really fast, that may have escaped the range of rate tested.

Checked is not the same as exhaustively tested each and every time. If it were, software updates could never happen, as you cannot and do not regression test every last line of code in a hugely complex system.

~ Richard Dehmel