Re: [win10+Insiders] FW: [nvda] Windows 10 Settings applet no longer accessible with NVDA

Steve Nutt

Hi Joseph,

This does indeed work for Narrator.  Thanks for it.

I’m not worried though, as JAWS works as well as it ever did with settings, but I just thought I’d report it.

All the best

Steve

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: 04 August 2018 03:10
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: FW: [win10+Insiders] FW: [nvda] Windows 10 Settings applet no longer accessible with NVDA

Hi Steve,

Update: an internal bug has been filed and a Microsoft developer team is looking into it. Note that the below workaround does not apply to NVDA.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: Insiders@win10.groups.io <Insiders@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shou-Ching Schilling via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 3, 2018 7:05 PM
To: Insiders@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10+Insiders] FW: [nvda] Windows 10 Settings applet no longer accessible with NVDA

Update: I filed an internal bug report on this issue last night; my team is looking into it. In the meantime, if you run into this problem in the Settings app while using Narrator and regular Windows keyboard commands (Tab, down arrow etc.), you can try these steps: 

Turn on Scan mode (Caps + Space), press down arrow a few times, then turn Scan mode back off (Caps + Space).  Narrator should now read when tabbing around or pressing arrow keys in the Settings app again.
--
Thanks,
Shou-Ching Schilling
Windows Accessibility Community Champ

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.