Re: Add-on Updater: 18.08.5 as last stable version for now, few important announcements

Rui Fontes

Yes, if you correct all manifest.ini files in your machine, the addon updater will work without problems...

Rui Fontes

Às 10:47 de 06/08/2018, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escreveu:

OK these add ons are present on the  installed copy of  beta 2 branch which fails when  add on updater is added to the list.
Application Dictionary; Status: enabled; Version: 1.2-dev; Author: Ricardo Leonarczyk <ricardo.leonarczyk95@gmail.com>
DECTalk Synthesizer; Status: enabled; Version: 1.2; Author: NVDA User
Announce Dropbox state and make preferences tabs accessible; Status: enabled; Version: 4.3; Author: Patrick ZAJDA <patrick@zajda.fr>, Filaos and other contributors
An extended appModule for Winamp music player; Status: enabled; Version: 1.1; Author: Hrvoje Katic <hrvojekatic@gmail.com>, NVDA-addon-team
this addon is to put text on  the clip bord and paste text from clip bord; Status: enabled; Author: Jennifer Wenson <jwens82@gmail.com
Focus Highlight; Status: enabled; Version: 5.2; Author: Takuya Nishimoto <nishimotz@gmail.com>
Golden Cursor; Status: enabled; Version: 3.1; Author: Salah Atair <atair1978@gmail.com>, Wafeeq Taher, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>, Abdel <abdelkrim.bensaid@gmail.com>
GoldWave; Status: enabled; Version: 18.07; Author: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>, David Parduhn <xkill85@gmx.net>, Mesar Hameed <mhameed@src.gnome.org>
mp3DirectCut; Status: enabled; Version: 4.1; Author: Abdel, Rèmy Ruiz, Abdellah Zineddine, Jean-François Colas
Open Link With; Status: enabled; Version: 1.0; Author: Ibrahim Hamadeh <ibra.hamadeh@hotmail.com>, Belala Toufik<belaalatoufik@gmail.com>
Svox pico synthesizer; Status: enabled; Version: 1.0; Author: Aleksey Sadovoy <lex@progger.ru> and Michael Curran <mick@kulgan.net>
Remote Support; Status: disabled; Version: 2.1; Author: Tyler Spivey <tspivey@pcdesk.net>, Christopher Toth <q@q-continuum.net>
Resource Monitor; Status: enabled; Version: 18.07; Author: Alex Hall <mehgcap@gmail.com>, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>, beqa gozalishvili <beqaprogger@gmail.com>, Tuukka Ojala <tuukka.ojala@gmail.com> and other NVDA contributors
SpeechPlayer in Espeak; Status: enabled; Version: 0.4.1; Author: NV Access Limitied <admin@nvaccess.org>
I suspect at leas three of these are old. Can i manually update the manifest fiiles in the folder?
Brian
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
To: "'NVDA screen reader development'" <nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2018 5:38 PM
Subject: [nvda] Add-on Updater: 18.08.5 as last stable version for now, few important announcements

Hi all,

First, thank you all for your valuable feedback regarding Add-on Updater. At
the moment I'm making changes to the corresponding pull request (NVDA issue
3208) based on your feedback and the add-on code.

Also, version 18.08.5 will hit the air in about half an hour from now. This
one fixes a bug where Add-on Updater settings panel didn't show up properly
if there are add-ons with badly formatted manifest data. I also took this
time to exclude Nuance Vocalizer family of add-ons from participating in
add-on update checks.

Few more important announcements:

* Removing "stable" tag: I'm removing stable tag from this add-on once
18.08.5 is released. This is to follow precedence set by Screen Curtain
where proof of concept/prototype add-ons will remain under development.
* Compatibility with really old add-ons: prior to widespread use of
Add-on Template, add-on authors would package add-ons by hand. This means
add-on manifest data would be formatted in such a way that caused Python to
treat them as things other than text. Although Add-on Updater will notice
these and take appropriate action, compatibility with these old add-ons is
not guaranteed. The solution is for add-on authors to put quotes around
manifest data, specifically for summary and description fields. I'll edit
relevant sections in NVDA's developer guide to reflect this discovery.
* Feedback channel: in addition to emails and social media replies
(Twitter and what not), the best place to send feedback regarding add-on
update feature is GitHub via https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/3208.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.