NVDA does have a log, and if you send me a copy of it with a description of what is happening, I'd be happy to have a look.  You can find the log in your %temp% directory.  See this page for more information on the log: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/LogFilesAndCrashDumps  If you send me a log to info@... - ideally at log level debug, that would be most helpful.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 6:18 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
If you restart nvda does it work again, or has it got to be word or the whole machine that has to be rebooted. I think for us to help we would need you to set logging level to input output or debug.
Then  run it till it happens. and see if you can get the old log the next time you boot nvda from the %temp% folder. assuming you are aloud to of course.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniele Casarola" <casaroladaniele@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2018 6:47 PM
Subject: [nvda] Microsoft Word 2016 stop working.

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask to people who work with Microsoft Word like me if you have the same problem.

During my job, Microsoft Word stops working and until I don't close or restart NVDA it doesn't unlock.

It happens since a lot of months. I've hoped that through different NVDA updates, Microsoft Word updates and Microsoft Windows update it can be solved, but it continues, so I'd like to ask here.

I'd like to specify that the computer I work on is specifically set only for job.
So few application are installed, and everything is licensed.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 1803
Microsoft Word: Home and Students Version 1806 (build 10228.20104)
NVDA: version 2018.2.1
Synthetizer_ IVONA, italian Carla

I've made a lot of tests. Microsoft Office tries to understand via Remote Control, but no success.

When Microsoft Word stops working, also NVDA doesn't give me anymore audiofeedback.
There is a log file for NVDA I can share with you to understand better what's happening?

Thanks so much.

Daniele.

--
Quentin Christensen