Re: thunderbird 60.0

Well the easiest way to get it will be at

https://www.thunderbird.net/

for the more adventurous of you all

https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/

In there select a release, thats 60, just 60.0 no beta, etc.

Select your language, en-us is what I use but en-gb is the global english or any other language.

then win32 is the standard thunderbird, or win 64 or win x64 is the 64 bit directory.

Download that file they are all called the same.

uninstall from add remove programs your old version of thunderbird and then install the new one.

On 8/7/2018 3:25 PM, Narayan wrote:
Is there Thunderbird 60 is available? if yes, where can we get it? please provide link or give instruction to get it. thank you.

On 8/7/2018 6:10 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Well I must say after updating I chose to use the 64 bit addition of thunderbird from mozilla ftp as I thought why not.

What I found out is that while most to the dialogs are accessible parts of the addon search dialog and install dialogs are not, thats fine because I have no intention of installing addons.

The cpu usage is a bit up, also it will not honor your intergration settings, it kept asking me and I had to tell it to not ask me again.

Otherwise, generally things are accessible, and descriptions have improved.

I am only talking general setup of things.

I do wander though if there is a way to install addons to thunderbird without the installer web interface, as its the brouser in the addons site which has access issues, the site itself is fine in a brouser so if I download an addon say google search I want a way to load it.

Bar that most of it seems fine though its only for email that I have set up, no news, no rss nothing like that.

I havn't bothered with chatting either.

But at least thunderbird quantom is not the same as firefox quantom.

It does seem though that I can drop back to the older esr and it will be fine enough.