From: "Inam Uddin via Groups.Io" <charlsdarwin1969=aol.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2018 11:34 PM
Subject: [nvda] Long Live Classic Skype

Dear friends, in replying a message, I gave you some sort of small info regarding withdrawing micro soft’s decision of closure of Skype classic on September first, here is a detailed info!
Earlier this summer, Microsoft announced that they would be ending support for version 7.0 of classic Skype in September. If that news didn’t sit well with you, it looks like you will have a bit more time to use the software.
In a forum post where the Skype team was asking for feedback about the update, the team has updated the post to say that they will not be ending support Skype 7 and will extend the deadline. The company did not provide a new timeline for the end of life of the product but did say that they will update the post again with more information in the future.
The full post can be read below:

The team says that this change is based on customer feedback but is ambiguous about the future of the platform. This is an awkward backward step for the Skype team as they previously said that Skype 8 had all the functionality that users needed but clearly that is not the case.
For the past couple of weeks, Microsoft has been aggressively pushing users to upgrade from version 7 to 8 but it’s clear that this update process has been far from painless.
I have reached out to Microsoft about this change to see if they will provide any additional information about when this product will be retired.
For now, if you are using the classic version of Skype, you will be able to do so for the foreseeable future. That being said, at some point you will have to migrate to a newer version of the software.
Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...