Re: thunderbird 60.0

mk360

I installed it yesterday. Personally, in my big gmail account with some folders with more than 7000 messages, it seems to be working faster than the old version, so I think i'll keep it for now. Obviously, some things are working as usual slow, for example delete messages (teoretically I can solve it changing Thunderbird to mark messages as deleted only and not move to the trash forlder, but with this setting the folder need to be manually updated with f5, and it is too distrating for me).
Good version.

Regards,
mk

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 2:17 AM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
Hi all.

A note to those on 52.9.1

thunderbird 60.0 is tunderbird for quantom, its a new upgrade but you
have to get it, if you have 52.91 and are happy with it, ie don't have
any issues, use the link I sent to go to it in releases and get that.

However, please note that your not likely to get any more updates for it.

Its also worth mentioning that the 52x version is the last mozilla
developed version it looks like while mozilla hosts it its a redone
engine using the new quantom engine.

Unlike firefox bar the addons dialog, its actually quite accessible and
is probably what I will use going forward.

However its worth noting that if you really don't like it you can go to
52.91 and stay there for ever more, just know there is no security for
you, on the other end, your addon or addons may or may not work in the
latest version.

The only thing I changed was messages to open in the same window else it
remembered my settings

It also appears that it keeps the same interface themes.

I have not as yet noticed any slowdowns though.