Re: Microsoft Word 2016 stop working.

kelby carlson

I have had that issue occasionally as well. Usually it takes an NVDA restart, but sometimes Word itself needs to be restarted.

On Aug 7, 2018, at 8:45 AM, Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...> wrote:

One thing that may be an issue here is that as far as I can tell, (based on this and other experiences I and others I know have had with word), there appears to be a memory leak in word, and if you have the same document open for a long time (usually it takes days, but if you are low on memory, it can be only hours), word crashes, and it's necessary to restart word to get it working again. If your machine has low amounts of memory, this could be what's happening in this case. It's possible word is crashing, and NVDA is unable to read the screen. If it's a remote connection, (as you seem to indicate), of course, there could be other factors in play as well, so there's no way to know for sure it's word causing the problem, but using other programs besides word for the same amount of time it takes NVDA to break when using word would answer the question for you.