Re: Long Live Classic Skype

Antony Stone

There is no way Microsoft is going to release a new version of any current
application to run under Windows XP.

Support for XP ended in April 2014, and anyone who continues using it simply
has to accept that more and more applications will get stuck at old versions
which cannot be upgraded.

It's your choice to carry on using Windows XP - fine - but please don't then
complain when you find things you want to run on it and they won't.

Antony.

On Tuesday 07 August 2018 at 17:23:12, zahra wrote:

hi.
i one time tested skype, but because i cant use and dont love windows
seven, skype 8 does not work for me.
when i tested with windows seven, it was extremely great and realy love it!
but the only issue is not supporting windows xp.
i wish that microsoft readd support for windows xp in to skype eight.
as skype is an important software for me and i realy need it, i
sincerely appreciate your great and joyful news and God bless you!

I do have some sympathy with them, but the fact is that they have been
guilty of assuming they have made it better when in fact they have
obviously not made it bug free as well. There is a long history of Skype
cock ups going back way before Microsoft ever owned it, and they seem
unable to break the cycle of fix one thing and break several other things.
We all know the old Skype code is not as robust or secure as it could be,
and hence I do see that Microsoft want to engineer it better for this
reason anyway, but sadly, its not just blind users who are having issues
with the new version and I really do think they need to stop fiddling and
concentrate on fixing before they retire the old system for good.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-