Re: thunderbird 60.0

mk360

You can't update it directly with the update feature of Thunderbird, but if you use the installer it updates your version without trouble.

Regards,
mk.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 1:28 PM Mary Otten <maryotten@...> wrote:
I just saw an article in the mainstream press about this new update, which talks about a lot of you I changes, mostly visual. It also says that this will be a whole new install, but it does not install over the top of version 52. Does that mean that I’m going to end up with two copies of Thunderbird? Does it also mean that I’m going to have to redo everything in the new one so it is like it is in the old one? That is to include my account information and any settings I have changed? Sorry for the stupid questions. But the other email app I use forever always used to install over itself when it got an upgrade.
Mary