Re: thunderbird 60.0

Casey <cwollner@...>

HI CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PASS ALONG THE LINK FOR THE 64 bit installer for Thunderbird.

So can all get the correct link for that piece of software.

On 8/7/2018 3:37 PM, Kenny wrote:
Just use the conventional Add/Remove entry created in the Windows Programs panel. Uninstall the 32 bit version of Thunderbird just like you would any other Windows application you wanted to remove off your PC. Once done install the new 64 bit version.

On 8/7/2018 4:09 PM, Mary Otten wrote:
So you are saying just go into that folder and delete the mail program executable? Or is it going to be more complicated than that, involving registry entries etc?

Mary

On 8/7/2018 12:58 PM, Kenny wrote:
You should remove the 32 bit version first.

Doing so only removes the main 32 bit application files stored in Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird. It doesn't remove the important user data files (Profile settings, custom filters, current mailboxes and content.) stored in the Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird folder.

On 8/7/2018 3:09 PM, Casey wrote:
Hi can I install this version of Thunderbird over the version 54 that I currently have?

Or is it better to uninstall the version that I am currently using and then install the newer version of Thunderbird?

On 8/6/2018 11:27 PM, mcLeod stinnett wrote:

--

Casey