Re: How to click on links when they won't click

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 04:20 PM, Scott VanDeWalle wrote:

Once in a while, more and more lately it seems, I can not click with the enter key, or control enter, or the space bar and even with the num pad using numpad 0 enter.

So how do you click on a link in that case?

Scott,

            Interesting that you bring this up today, as what I think is a similar situation to yours is something I just answered, and lamely (since I have no solution), is that there is the increasing use of "mouse hover over" menu systems that screen readers identify as links.  The one I was just talking about is the main navigation structure on crochet.org and on that page once you're in their navigation area only the "Home" and "Blog" links are actual links.  The others are hover-over menus and I cannot activate them with any keyboard commands I have tried.  Once my mouse is hovered over the top level links the menu appears, and I can tab through those links, but what's particularly evil is that most of those links are second level hover over controls that cause the next submenu to show up, and I can't make that submenu appear without hovering over.

             I could have sworn that either JAWS or NVDA had a command that was the equivalent of "bring the mouse pointer here as though it were hovering over this item" but I can't find them at the moment.

             If you can post a specific site you're having this issue with I can at least confirm whether this sort of navigation structure is at play there.

           ~ Richard Dehmel