Re: Accessibility check request

Rayn Darren

Huh, yup, that fixed it. there are no tables on the page though; there are images of bars that visually mark sections however.

Thanks!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessibility check request

Hi

Uncheck the box called tables under the document   formatting  section in NVDA
I do not think the one under it would have to be done.

I had this turned off on your website then turned it on and then i heard it say what you said.

You must of used some type of table?

Gene nz

On 8/9/2018 8:31 AM, Rayn Darren wrote:

Hi group,

I’ve run across a problem and I can’t quite figure out if it’s just me or happens to others. I was on my website, www.dragonsofmyth.com and found NVDA reading  “table”, “table with 1 row and one column”, “table with 3 rows” over and over again, then reading the text on the page. This only happens on specific templates for the site. I know for a fact that there are no tables on the page as I made the site. This is a new problem, that I only noticed yesterday. The only thing I can think of is NVDA is picking up the images that are used to visually delineate between columns and is recognizing them as “tables”. I would really appreciate it if someone, or several someone’s could confirm this? I’m hesitant to alter anything at the moment, as if it’s just me, I’ll deal with it 😊.

Thanks so much,

Rayn