Re: How to click on links when they won't click

Jackie

Brian v, what I do is press the bring mouse to focus key, ie, capslock
m, to the link, then hit spacebar. When u press down arrow, you can
then read the expanded items. PITA, though, & I don't mean the
flatbread kind.

Well, if what Scott was asking about is a "hover over" menu structure I have
now been successful in using it with a combination of INS+Num Pad Slash
(left mouse click) once I have focus on the top level link to get the menu
to appear.  I can then tab through the menu items.  If I hit enter on one
and nothing happens that indicates to me that it's another hover over, and I
INS+Num Pad Slash to get its submenu to appear then tab through it.

If a link activates successfully with Enter or Spacebar then it's a normal
link.  If it just sits there its a hover over link (at least so far), and
I'm able to force the hover over to activate by doing a virtual left click,
which does nothing but give mouse focus where it should be so that the
submenu appears, as the actual click on these links when you're actually
using a mouse does nothing.  It's the progressive movement of the mouse
hovering over the various hover over links until you get to a "real" link
that makes all this show up "the sighted way."  [The previous is included
simply for comparison, contrasting, and because I figure some people are
curious.  I'm not expecting anyone to actually use the mouse.]
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

   A little kindness from person to person is better than a vast love for
all humankind.

           ~ Richard Dehmel

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com