Re: How to click on links when they won't click

Cristóbal

Yup. Sometimes, you just have to mouse click on text. Especially in Firefox where you have that element announcement turned off. After a while, you kind of just know what’s a clickable item.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to click on links when they won't click

Well, if what Scott was asking about is a "hover over" menu structure I have now been successful in using it with a combination of INS+Num Pad Slash (left mouse click) once I have focus on the top level link to get the menu to appear.  I can then tab through the menu items.  If I hit enter on one and nothing happens that indicates to me that it's another hover over, and I INS+Num Pad Slash to get its submenu to appear then tab through it.

If a link activates successfully with Enter or Spacebar then it's a normal link.  If it just sits there its a hover over link (at least so far), and I'm able to force the hover over to activate by doing a virtual left click, which does nothing but give mouse focus where it should be so that the submenu appears, as the actual click on these links when you're actually using a mouse does nothing.  It's the progressive movement of the mouse hovering over the various hover over links until you get to a "real" link that makes all this show up "the sighted way."  [The previous is included simply for comparison, contrasting, and because I figure some people are curious.  I'm not expecting anyone to actually use the mouse.]

           ~ Richard Dehmel