Re: How to click on links when they won't click

Ron Canazzi

Hi Scott,

One other thing I have noticed is that on  some sites, if you switch to edit or focus mode, you can activate some links that otherwise won't activate with the enter key, control + enter key and/or routing mouse to pointer and then left clicking.

One notable site used to be the Tune In site: http://tunein.com.  This was corrected 2 years ago, but in 2016 mid football season (US football) When you wanted to activate the listen link for a game, if you just pressed enter or used the other conventional methods described above, nothing would happen.  For laughs and giggles, I decided to try switching to focus mode or edit mode or whatever it is called with insert + space bar.  Then I used the tab key to highlight what was described as the football team followed by clickable as in Miami Dolphins clickable.  When I highlighted the link that way, and press enter, the link activated and the game played.

I had sent e-mail to the web developers concerning this issue and I can't say for sure it was my e-mails, but mid way through the football season, they redesigned the page so now the team names show up as standard links and the pressing of the enter key works as expected.

On 8/8/2018 4:20 PM, Scott VanDeWalle wrote:

Hi all.

I hope someone can help me here.

Once in a while, more and more lately it seems, I can not click with the enter key, or control enter, or the space bar and even with the num pad using numpad 0 enter.

So how do you click on a link in that case?

Thank you

Scott

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--