Re: How to click on links when they won't click

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Interesting this, as some people with Parkinson's cannot use these sites well either. Its about time somebody talked to the creators and pointed out that an alternative might be a good idea.

I think we can add this one to all the other mal designed site issues that seem to be increasing again after a short period of getting better. Folk have forgotten the ground rules of keep it simple stupid
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2018 12:19 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to click on links when they won't click

Well, if what Scott was asking about is a "hover over" menu structure I have now been successful in using it with a combination of INS+Num Pad Slash (left mouse click) once I have focus on the top level link to get the menu to appear. I can then tab through the menu items. If I hit enter on one and nothing happens that indicates to me that it's another hover over, and I INS+Num Pad Slash to get its submenu to appear then tab through it.

If a link activates successfully with Enter or Spacebar then it's a normal link. If it just sits there its a hover over link (at least so far), and I'm able to force the hover over to activate by doing a virtual left click, which does nothing but give mouse focus where it should be so that the submenu appears, as the actual click on these links when you're actually using a mouse does nothing. It's the progressive movement of the mouse hovering over the various hover over links until you get to a "real" link that makes all this show up "the sighted way." [The previous is included simply for comparison, contrasting, and because I figure some people are curious. I'm not expecting anyone to actually use the mouse.]
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

A little kindness from person to person is better than a vast love for all humankind.

~ Richard Dehmel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.