From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2018 12:19 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to click on links when they won't click

Well, if what Scott was asking about is a "hover over" menu structure I have now been successful in using it with a combination of INS+Num Pad Slash (left mouse click) once I have focus on the top level link to get the menu to appear. I can then tab through the menu items. If I hit enter on one and nothing happens that indicates to me that it's another hover over, and I INS+Num Pad Slash to get its submenu to appear then tab through it.

If a link activates successfully with Enter or Spacebar then it's a normal link. If it just sits there its a hover over link (at least so far), and I'm able to force the hover over to activate by doing a virtual left click, which does nothing but give mouse focus where it should be so that the submenu appears, as the actual click on these links when you're actually using a mouse does nothing. It's the progressive movement of the mouse hovering over the various hover over links until you get to a "real" link that makes all this show up "the sighted way." [The previous is included simply for comparison, contrasting, and because I figure some people are curious. I'm not expecting anyone to actually use the mouse.]

~ Richard Dehmel