Hi Diana,
Is this addon enabled and loaded successfully? If so.
After pressing NVDA+Ctrl+Shift+3  if the slot is empty ,you will hear three. Then you can config a preferd setting.Press NVDA+Ctrl+Shift+V ,you will hear "Saved".Repeat this procedure on other slots  then  synth setting will be switched to corresponding slot after press certain hotkey.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Diana Kwok <dkwok2017@...> wrote:

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your reply.

I can’t switch to a slot to configure synth settings. Ctrl+Shift+NVDA+1 does nothing, nor Ctrl+Shift+NVDA+2 to Ctrl+Shift+NVDA+6. I tried this in the Add-ons Manager, same thing. Any other suggestions?

Will bookmark nvdacn.com for my mum (I don’t read Chinese).

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Wang
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 9:38 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to configure Switch Synth?

Hi Diana,

Its documentation is quite straightforward.Switch to a slot.Configure synth settings. Press NVDA+Ctrl+Shift+V to save.

You can also go to nvdacn.com for more Mandarin related contents.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 9:42 PM, Diana Kwok <dkwok2017@...> wrote:

Hi,

I am new to NVDA. It looks like a great tool for my mum who is in her 70s and losing her sight. She is bilingual (English-Mandarin) and I have installed Switch Synth 1.02 (https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/switchSynth.en.html) together with NVDA on her pc.

Can anyone help with configuration instructions?

Thank you.

Diana Kwok.