Re: [SUSPECT URL!][nvda] how to stop google notification

Gene

If you get it after downloading something from Send Space, then you have probably contracted ad ware from being a free user and downloading from Send Space with scripts enabled. 

You should never download anything from Send Space as a free user with JAVA scripts enabled and if you use Internet Explorer, Active X controls should be disabled as well. 

Send Space has a long and bad record of having hacked advertising on their site that, when you download files places unwanted programs on the machine or actual malware.  The site itself is clean but they are much more likely to have hacked third party advertising than other reputable sites. 

If you are a paid user, you don't have to worry.  Advertising isn't displayed.  If you take the precautions I've discussed as a free user, you don't have to worry.  No advertising is displayed. 

Note that I am not saying that all files you download from Send Space are safe.  That's a different question.  But if you trust the sender, then the file will remain safe if it was safe when the person uploaded it to the site.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2018 9:30 AM
Subject: Re: [SUSPECT URL!][nvda] how to stop google notification

I thought that I had done that, and it seems that I had to clear the history for the past month to make them stop.

Seems like I start getting them after downloading something from Send Space.

Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 10:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [SUSPECT URL!][nvda] how to stop google notification

I I think I figure out how to stop google notification from showing adds. Did the following. Hope it works.

1.     On your computer, open Chrome.

2.     At the top right, click More Settings.

3.     At the bottom, click Advanced.

4.     Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.

5.     Click Notifications.

Holger Fiallo

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.