Re: [SUSPECT URL!][nvda] how to stop google notification

Brice Mijares

I use send space daily. I use firefox with no scripts which hasn't let me down yet. knock on wood!

On 8/9/2018 7:46 AM, Gene wrote:
If you get it after downloading something from Send Space, then you have probably contracted ad ware from being a free user and downloading from Send Space with scripts enabled.
You should never download anything from Send Space as a free user with JAVA scripts enabled and if you use Internet Explorer, Active X controls should be disabled as well.
Send Space has a long and bad record of having hacked advertising on their site that, when you download files places unwanted programs on the machine or actual malware.� The site itself is clean but they are much more likely to have hacked third party advertising than other reputable sites.
If you are a paid user, you don't have to worry.� Advertising isn't displayed.� If you take the precautions I've discussed as a free user, you don't have to worry.� No advertising is displayed.
Note that I am not saying that all files you download from Send Space are safe.� That's a different question.� But if you trust the sender, then the file will remain safe if it was safe when the person uploaded it to the site.
Gene
----- Original Message -----
*Sent:* Thursday, August 09, 2018 9:30 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [SUSPECT URL!][nvda] how to stop google notification
I thought that I had done that, and it seems that I had to clear the history for the past month to make them stop.
Seems like I start getting them after downloading something from Send Space.
Glenn
*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of *Holger Fiallo
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 08, 2018 10:37 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* [SUSPECT URL!][nvda] how to stop google notification
I I think I figure out how to stop google notification from showing adds. Did the following. Hope it works.
1.On your computer, open *Chrome*.
2.At the top right, click More Settings.
3.At the bottom, click Advanced.
4.Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
5.Click *Notifications*.
Holger Fiallo

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.