From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 6:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to click on links when they won't click

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 06:27 PM, Gene wrote:

If the site is coded so unconventionally, as Brian says, who knows what is causing the problem.

               Gene, what happens when you activate that link?   When I activate it, whether by regular mouse click or in a screen reader, the end result is dead silence and, in the case of a screen reader, with no object having focus anywhere in the visible area where the link activation makes the page scroll to.

                If I were not able to see exactly what's happening, and what NVDA "sees" as happening via the Focus Highlight add-on, I'd definitely think that activating that link "did nothing" and repeated space bar presses or hits of enter after activating it initially do nothing more since nothing's got focus where they clearly intend for the user to begin picking from two dropdown lists.

                It's just plain weird, weird, weird.

           ~ Richard Dehmel