Win10 startup and NVDA

Pascal Lambert

Hi All,

Does anyone experience this: 

After I turn on my laptop, enter my password, it goes to the desktop and NVDA voice comes up;

Then a long silence during which no key works;

then a message announcing the size of the window;

then long silence; and finally the desktop is working. 

Is there anyone to disable the announcing of the window size?  Any other suggestion?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 6:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to click on links when they won't click

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 06:27 PM, Gene wrote:

If the site is coded so unconventionally, as Brian says, who knows what is causing the problem. 

Gene, what happens when you activate that link?   When I activate it, whether by regular mouse click or in a screen reader, the end result is dead silence and, in the case of a screen reader, with no object having focus anywhere in the visible area where the link activation makes the page scroll to.

If I were not able to see exactly what's happening, and what NVDA "sees" as happening via the Focus Highlight add-on, I'd definitely think that activating that link "did nothing" and repeated space bar presses or hits of enter after activating it initially do nothing more since nothing's got focus where they clearly intend for the user to begin picking from two dropdown lists.

It's just plain weird, weird, weird.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

A little kindness from person to person is better than a vast love for all humankind.

~ Richard Dehmel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.