Subject: Re: [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with NVDA
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 6:47 AM

Jolene,

I am very interested in your
topic as I am currently writing a tutorial for users of the
BorrowBox digital library service in which Adobe Flash comes
in to playing a preview of an audio book. I can forward my
recent discussion on this and the solution to it if that
would be of interest?

There
is a good deal of discussion between NVDA technical team
members on getting NVDA to work with the embedded objects in
Adobe Flash.
These are known as windowless
objects and JAWS, for instance cannot see them at all in
FireFox but can see them but has difficulty keeping focus on
them in Internet Explorer.

NVDA gets around this by labelling the embedded
oject as unavailable and using the NVDA+numpad divide (to
move the mouse pointer to the current navigator object)
followed by  numpad divide on its own which emulates a left
mouse clikc.

I wonder if
you could try this solution and see if it gives you access
to the player?

I have tried
your two links with NVDA and Firefox on windows 10 (all
latest versions) and found the following:
KITV:
http://www.kitv.com/category/305776/live-stream
This stream started playing and sounding in the
speakers as soon as I opened the link in Firefox.

KHON2:
http://khon2.com/live-stream/
This link did not start and a typical part of
the screen showed this:

" SEARCH THE SITE
Live
Stream"

Then NVDA
said:
iFrame 'embedded Object
unavailable' and then 'Out of iFrame' after I
pressed down-arrow once.
The stream did not
start playing automatically like the first one.  However, I
pressed NVDA+numpad divide and then numpad divide alone and
it did start to play. Another numpad divide stopped it.
While NVDA is reporting the embedded object, the screen is
reporting "blank" under the active cursor.

With these work-around
techniques , both streams are working on what appears to be
a similar system configuration to yours.

What do you think?

All the best,

Cearbhall

+353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie

I use the free version of Spam Reader to get
rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this
disclaimer in outgoing emails.
Try Spam
Reader (http://www.spam-reader.com) for free
now!