Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: question: laptop equivalent for NVDA+numpad divide /was/ [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Thanks Andre and I will read the user guide as you suggest.
(smile)
-LM

 To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
 Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 3:25 PM

 The laptop equivalent to
 NVDA+NumPad slash is NVDA+Shift+M, and the
 equivalent to just NumPad slash is NVDA+the
 left bracket key beside
 the letter P on most
 keyboards.

 For more
 information, please please read the user guide.

 On 5/25/16, Laurie Mehta via
 Groups.io <lauriemehta@...>
 wrote:
 > Hello,

 I've read with interest about performing certain
 functions with NVDA.
 > Two key
 combinations have been recommended, for example,
 > NVDA+numpad divide and just the numpad
 divide  alone.

 have a laptop that has no numpad and am hoping that someone
 can let me
 > know what the laptop
 keyboard equivalent is for these key combinations and
 > for other mouse clicking equivalents, if
 any that I can use with my laptop
 > that
 has no numpad?

 > (I
 already know about using shift+F10 to do the "right
 click" or
 > applications key
 function.)
 > Thanks!

 -LM

 > On Wed, 5/25/16, Cearbhall O'Meadhra
 <cearbhall.omeadhra@...>
 wrote:

 Re: [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with NVDA
 >  To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
 >  Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 6:47
 AM

 >  Jolene,
 >
 >  I am very
 interested in your
 >  topic as I am
 currently writing a tutorial for users of the
 >  BorrowBox digital library service in
 which Adobe Flash comes
 >  in to playing
 a preview of an audio book. I can forward my
 >  recent discussion on this and the
 solution to it if that
 >  would be of
 interest?

 There
 >  is a good deal of discussion
 between NVDA technical team
 >  members
 on getting NVDA to work with the embedded objects in
 >  Adobe Flash.

 These are known as windowless
 >  objects
 and JAWS, for instance cannot see them at all in
 >  FireFox but can see them but has
 difficulty keeping focus on
 >  them in
 Internet Explorer.

 >  NVDA gets around this by labelling the
 embedded
 >  oject as unavailable and
 using the NVDA+numpad divide (to
 >  move
 the mouse pointer to the current navigator object)
 >  followed by  numpad divide on its own
 which emulates a left
 >  mouse clikc.
 >
 >  I wonder if
 >  you could try this solution and see if
 it gives you access
 >  to the player?
 >
 >  I have tried
 >  your two links with NVDA and Firefox on
 windows 10 (all
 >  latest versions) and
 found the following:
 >  KITV:
 >  http://www.kitv.com/category/305776/live-stream
 >  This stream started playing and sounding
 in the
 >  speakers as soon as I opened
 the link in Firefox.

 >  KHON2:
 >  http://khon2.com/live-stream/
 >  This link did not start and a typical
 part of
 >  the screen showed this:
 >
 >  " SEARCH THE
 SITE
 >  Live

 Stream"

 >   Then NVDA
 >  said:
 >  iFrame
 'embedded Object
 >  unavailable'
 and then 'Out of iFrame' after I
 >  pressed down-arrow once.
 >  The stream did not
 >  start playing automatically like the
 first one.  However, I
 >  pressed
 NVDA+numpad divide and then numpad divide alone and
 >  it did start to play. Another numpad
 divide stopped it.
 >  While NVDA is
 reporting the embedded object, the screen is
 >  reporting "blank" under the
 active cursor.

 With these work-around
 >  techniques ,
 both streams are working on what appears to be
 >  a similar system configuration to
 yours.

 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

 >  I use the free version of Spam Reader to
 get
 >  rid of spam. The Professional
 version doesn't have this

 disclaimer in outgoing emails.
 >  Try
 Spam

 Message-----
 May 25, 2016 4:15 AM
 >  To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
 >  Subject: [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with
 NVDA

 >  Hello
 everyone,

 >  Adobe
 Flash Player is
 >  preventing me from
 tuning in to the local news online on

 such sites as:

 KITV:
 >  http://www.kitv.com/category/305776/live-stream
 >
 >  KHON2:
 >  http://khon2.com/live-stream/
 >
 >  I had contacted
 these TV
 >  stations to report the
 technical difficulties, and both

 Webmasters had told me that their live streams were
 working
 >  properly.
 >
 >  Just a recap: My
 >  laptop's operating system is Windows