Re: question: laptop equivalent for NVDA+numpad divide /was/ Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Gene

But to you have to check the check box enabling caps lock as a modifier when using the laptop layout or is that an automatic part of that layout?  I know when using the desktop layout, you have to tab to and check that option in the dialog.

From: Rui Fontes
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: question: laptop equivalent for NVDA+numpad divide /was/ [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

To access the NVDA menu use CapsLock+N.

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Gene
Data: quarta-feira, 25 de maio de 2016 20:48
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: question: laptop equivalent for NVDA+numpad divide /was/ [nvda]
Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

I'm not sure what the procedure is using the laptop keyboard layout for
opening the NVDA menu.  Someone on list should know the command.  There is a
quick keys reference in the help submenu.  Once you open the NVDA menu, you
can look around and find the help submenu.

Also, there are many good tutorials if you are interested.  I won't discuss
them further here unless you or others want more information.

Gene

Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 3:25 PM

The laptop equivalent to
NVDA+NumPad slash is NVDA+Shift+M, and the
equivalent to just NumPad slash is NVDA+the
left bracket key beside
the letter P on most
keyboards.

For more
information, please please read the user guide.

On 5/25/16, Laurie Mehta via
Groups.io <lauriemehta@...>
wrote:
> Hello,

I've read with interest about performing certain
functions with NVDA.
> Two key
combinations have been recommended, for example,
> NVDA+numpad divide and just the numpad
divide  alone.

have a laptop that has no numpad and am hoping that someone
can let me
> know what the laptop
keyboard equivalent is for these key combinations and
> for other mouse clicking equivalents, if
any that I can use with my laptop
> that
has no numpad?

> (I
already know about using shift+F10 to do the "right
click" or
> applications key
function.)
> Thanks!

-LM

> On Wed, 5/25/16, Cearbhall O'Meadhra
<cearbhall.omeadhra@...>
wrote:

Re: [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with NVDA
>  To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>  Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 6:47
AM

>  Jolene,
>
>  I am very
interested in your
>  topic as I am
currently writing a tutorial for users of the
>  BorrowBox digital library service in
which Adobe Flash comes
>  in to playing
a preview of an audio book. I can forward my
>  recent discussion on this and the
solution to it if that
>  would be of
interest?

There
>  is a good deal of discussion
between NVDA technical team
>  members
on getting NVDA to work with the embedded objects in
>  Adobe Flash.

These are known as windowless
>  objects
and JAWS, for instance cannot see them at all in
>  FireFox but can see them but has
difficulty keeping focus on
>  them in
Internet Explorer.

>  NVDA gets around this by labelling the
embedded
>  oject as unavailable and
using the NVDA+numpad divide (to
>  move
the mouse pointer to the current navigator object)
>  followed by  numpad divide on its own
which emulates a left
>  mouse clikc.
>
>  I wonder if
>  you could try this solution and see if
it gives you access
>  to the player?
>
>  I have tried
>  your two links with NVDA and Firefox on
windows 10 (all
>  latest versions) and
found the following:
http://www.kitv.com/category/305776/live-stream
>  This stream started playing and sounding
in the
>  speakers as soon as I opened
the link in Firefox.

http://khon2.com/live-stream/
>  This link did not start and a typical
part of
>  the screen showed this:
>
>  " SEARCH THE
SITE
>  Live

Stream"

>   Then NVDA
>  said:
>  iFrame
'embedded Object
>  unavailable'
and then 'Out of iFrame' after I
>  pressed down-arrow once.
>  The stream did not
>  start playing automatically like the
first one.  However, I
>  pressed
NVDA+numpad divide and then numpad divide alone and
>  it did start to play. Another numpad
divide stopped it.
>  While NVDA is
reporting the embedded object, the screen is
>  reporting "blank" under the
active cursor.

With these work-around
>  techniques ,
both streams are working on what appears to be
>  a similar system configuration to
yours.

e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

>  I use the free version of Spam Reader to
get
>  rid of spam. The Professional
version doesn't have this

disclaimer in outgoing emails.
>  Try
Spam

Message-----
May 25, 2016 4:15 AM
>  To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>  Subject: [nvda] Adobe Flash Player with
NVDA

>  Hello
everyone,

>  Adobe
Flash Player is
>  preventing me from
tuning in to the local news online on

such sites as:

http://khon2.com/live-stream/

>  I had contacted
these TV
>  stations to report the
technical difficulties, and both

Webmasters had told me that their live streams were
working
>  properly.
>
>  Just a recap: My
>  laptop's operating system is Windows