Re: The Way NVDA Announces Punctuation As I Type

Wilco

Hi All. Thanks for all your help on this. I have a decent understanding of the situation now. As a writer by profession, the way my screenreader speaks to me as I type is really important, so things like the apostrophe issue can really interrupt my workflow and make the sentence I am putting together sound really odd. Likewise, the way the screenreader reads documents in Say All is also pretty crucial since it can make my copy sound really fluid if read well, or conversely, it can make good prose sound terrible if not read properly. I’m trying to get used to how NVDA handles commas at the moment for example, because it does make my work sound completely different to how it does when read with JAWS.

Thanks for all your help though.