Re: NVDA FireFox and PDF Incompatibility

Gene

Since Docuscan is an OCR program, it sounds to me as though you are performing OCR on every PDF document you open.  This takes extra time; it may take a good deal of extra time.  There are times, I don't work with PDF documents enough to know how often, that this will correct or reduce decolumnization problems.  That is, at times, just reading a PDF document that is in columns  misplaces text significantly.  OCR can at times, correct or mostly eliminate the problem.  but it also introduces errors and is not the original document, if you need the original document for some reason, such as for legal reasons.

In short, instead of having an OCR program recognize every PDF document, you might to better to have an actual PDF reader display files, then decide if you want to perform OCR on them.  Your newspaper may or may not display properly without OCR.  If it doesn't need OCR, you will eliminate errors in recognition and you will have the document ready faster, perhaps much faster.

If it does need OCR, it may be most efficient to have it recognized by Docuscan rather than by downloading it first.  But there may be times when you would be better served temporarily changing the setting to work with another program.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens