Re: NVDA and AMD processors

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

NVDA makes no distinction between intel or amd processors, it's written (mainly) in python, which is an interpreted language, and it doesn't care if it's an intel, AMD, arm processor, or something entirely different, as long as the interpreter works, python doesn't care, as a result, NVDA shouldn't care either.

On 8/13/2018 6:37 PM, JM Casey wrote:
I have an AMD also, but haven't had any issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: August 13, 2018 6:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and AMD processors

Just purchased a HP Envy 13z laptop that has AMD Ryzen™ 5 processor and AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics.
I have installed the latest released version of NVDA. I am having a issue where NVDA stops talking and has to be restarted to get speech back.
Are there any known issues with NVDA on a AMD system? Any hints in how to figure out what is going on?
Thanks