From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA + F5 hotkey doing an actual document reload

Problem with standard F5 keystroke is that almost every single browser
will then just reload the page from scratch, losing all DHTML content
changes.

I do also know that NVDA key + number row 5 is meant to turn on
reporting of dynamic content changes, but, it won't always work, partly
since, at times, the webpages document-object-model will be rather
extensive.

Either way, I had just thought/assumed that it was offering/implementing
a form of virtual page buffer refresh, but anyway - will play around
with other keystrokes, alt+tabbing away from window, and back to it,
etc. etc.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 8/14/2018 1:59 PM, Gene wrote:
I believe it does reload the document, because, as I recall, I think
it takes too long than to just refresh the buffer. If so, it is doing
the same thing as just f5. Of course, if you reload the document, you
are reloading the buffer. But try turning browse mode off and then on
with NVDA key space. This may just refresh the buffer.
If NVDA key f5 is explained in the manual, I don't know where. It
isn't discussed in the browse mode section. It is probably mentioned
in the quick reference guide, but it may well not clarify what it does.