Re: NVDA + F5 hotkey doing an actual document reload

Gene

I just tested the command by disconnecting from the Internet before issuing it.  it refreshed the buffer even when disconnected from the Internet so it works as initially described.  It just refreshes the buffer without reloading the page.

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:02 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA + F5 hotkey doing an actual document reload

Ok, I actually now just tested the NVDA + F5 keystroke on one of my own
webpages, where I am making changes to layout/content dynamically, and,
it did seem to indeed repopulate the virtual buffer, and, not try reload
the page, since, yes, inbetween having loaded the page, and having
invoked content changes, I then disconnected from the internet, before
hitting that keystroke, and, NVDA key + F5 didn't try reload the page
normally, but, just seemed to be rescanning the page contents/document
object model, and, I tried this with both firefox and chrome, so, not
sure why it seems to, at times operate slightly differently - will need
to make notes the next time I come across something like this, to make
sure it's not just my own imagination...<smile>

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
082 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA