Re: Change on Amazon makes buying options less, possibly inaccessible with screenreaders while on product page

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Sounds like combination of dodgy page authoring and some browsers dealing with it differently. Not enough testing on Amazons part I'd imagine.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:24 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Change on Amazon makes buying options less, possibly inaccessible with screenreaders while on product page

The problem exists when using the kindle unlimited program to get a book. You have to tab to the button (NVDA sees it as a button), but pressing b doesn't go to it. However, when I was sitting on it (after finding it via the tab key), I used nvda-F1 to bring up it's information, and it is clearly labeled as a button, so no clue why b doesn't navigate to it. I've also discovered the only for me to click the button is to use the route command (nvda-numpad minus) to route the nvda cursor to it, then press nvda-shift-numpad enter. (yes, I need the shift, without it, it activates an entirely different page which has ne bearing on what I'm trying to do). No idea why the shift works and w/o the shift doesn't, but there it is. That's the only I've managed to get my books into the kindle app using the web site. Interestingly enough, using safari on the Iphone doesn't have this issue.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.