Re: Change on Amazon makes buying options less, possibly inaccessible with screenreaders while on product page

Danni

What I found to do is check the submit queery box  then spacebar insert then alt tab till it says buy it now or whatever!

----- Original Message -----
From: Kwork
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 1:56 PM
Subject: [nvda] Change on Amazon makes buying options less, possibly inaccessible with screenreaders while on product page

Up through yesterday, I had no trouble buying Kindle books through Amazon. Things were labeled, and easily findable. Today the area of the page where the buying options are seems to have changed.
There is now a new heading called "Buying Options." It's the first heading on the page. The interesting thing about this heading is that there is no number associated with it. Instead of saying "heading level 1," as the heading below it says, all is says is "heading."
I think the buy and read now links, along with the price that used to be readily visible are now hidden inside the new "heading" area. Arrowing down once leads to the "add to list" checkbox.
This has been confirmed both in Firefox 64 and Chrome 64 using Windows 7 64-bit and NVDA 2018.2.1.
If anyone else can confirm, and can have any idea on how to deal with this, that would be appreciated.
Here's an example. For the US, this book is free at least today, hence why I chose it, so trying to buy it won't cost anybody any money. And, yes, the page is the same whether a book is free or not: