Re: Thunderbird columns with object navigation

David Mellor

I use Outlook 2003. I have just started exploring TB 60.0, the latest
version.
Two add-ons that sound promising are Obj nav and Mozilla Apps Extender

Other observations, areas for me to explore and wishes:
Control over where Thunderbird starts, eg, Inbox
Confusion over where Thunderbird is leave the cursor in the message list
when a folder is first opened
Warning about loading remote content in messages is quite disruptive
I would like to close messages with escape. There is an add-on for that.
how to jump to messages in large lists like mail lists quickly by typing the
first few characters of the name.
Same for selecting folders
The move option on the message list apps key menu is not toward the bottom
of he list as with Outlook so it takes much longer to navigate to.
No alt text for some fields in account setup, didn't really matter.
Speech is a bit verbose when starting a new message with cntl-n
Will explore whether I can have a new email arrived tone only when something
I am likely to be interested in appears in the inbox
I will explore whether I can place interesting threads from mailing lists in
other folders in my Inbox, mixing regular and threaded modes in the same
display. I doubt it.