From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 10:11 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about retaining formatting on the web when copying to the clipboard

The only way I know to do it is to turn off browse mode, select the entire page with control a, paste it to the clip board, then copy the entire page into something which will retain the formatting.  others may tell you if Word, or some other program does this.  Then, you would copy only what you want of the entire page to the clipboard and paste it wherever you want.

Either that, or use a JAWS demo where, I believe copy from page is the default.  NVDA copies from the browse mode buffer and you can't change that unless you turn off the browse mode buffer and copy the entire page since you can't select by phrase, line, etc. if you turn off the browse mode buffer.

Again, as yesterday, this is an important matter of user definable options that should be available.  Perhaps a small group should be convened to consider such important options and implement them.  NVDA will not be a properly capable employment or academic grade screen-reader until these sorts of abilities are implemented.

Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 9:56 AM

Hi,

When I am in Firefox and IE, if I copy several lines or paragraphs to the clipboard using shift+down arrow, formatting is not retained, but the text I want to copy is. How do I retain the formatting as well? How do I get NVDA to do that?

Thanks,

Mike