From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about retaining formatting on the web when copying to the clipboard

Gene,

I believe your latest suspicion is probably correct. I found the same thing that you did if I selected when Focus Highlight showed me to be in browse mode with a thin, green dashed line indicating the navigator object selected. When this was text of any kind I'd get straight text - formatting was not retained.

I used the methods I document here:

* Selecting Text Using Windows Keyboard Shortcuts ( https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1Sl1yCHgIdbSAVHq1d8I9k-Gw8JBOG7_R )

once I've got myself positioned where I want to be, or at least roughly so, I really don't know how screen reader users ever get precise positioning in masses of text easily, as I'm certainly crappy at doing so using only the keyboard.

If I select that way all formatting, and additional content if the text is interrupted by an inline image, is retained and pastes perfectly.

Someone else who's a better NVDA user than I am can test the details out.

~ Richard Dehmel