Re: academics and employment

Gene

I don't prefer JAWS over NVDA.  I objected to your pass it along widely statement and I explained why.  It has nothing to do with whether you have your own opinions and express them on the list.  I gave specific reasons I don't think the message should be passed along widely; I didn't object in the least to it being sent to or discussed on the list.  Please read my message again.  I made no general statements about people expressing opinions nor did I make any general statements about which screen-reader is better.  I discussed NVDA shortcomings in one specific context, employment.  I did so because NVDA is very good at meeting a lot of peoples' needs and I didn't generalize.

Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] academics and employment

THis really has nothing to do with the current conversation, but I have to ask.
Since when did human society degrade to such a point that people cannot
have different viewpoints on issues.
I happen to agree with Michael that I do like NVDA better than JAWS.
THat is not to say JAWS is a bad product. I just prefer NVDA over JAWS.
Jean, it appears that you prefer JAWS over NVDA. That's cool to. Can't
we just agree to disagree?"