Re: info about math

Quentin Christensen

The best way currently, is with MathPlayer from Design Science.  The player is free, but for creating, from memory, you also need MathType, which isn't free, but there is a free demo which is enough for what you need to make it work with NVDA.

The link for Design Science is: http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/

And the section of our User Guide with more info is: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#ReadingMath

The equation editor which is built into Microsoft Office isn't currently accessible, and we recommend using MathPlayer at this time for Word etc.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 11:45 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io <k_gunness@...> wrote:
hi all
i no this may not be related to the group directly, but i will ask anyway
1 can NVDA work with math?
2  what systems are in place for u all in the first world countries to do math, in terms of accessibility etc
3  we in the caribbean having difficulties with math accessibility for our students
4 what do u all use there, at schools, at universities etc

thanks

regards
kerryn

--