There appears to be a feature request for precisely this open since February
2016: https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/90

Antony.

On Tuesday 21 August 2018 at 13:29:13, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:

Roman 6 parliament etc is annoying, and of course if its written with
spaces, its ok.
It would be nice though if espeak, particularly could be set to ignore
roman numerals completely. How often do you actually use them as such?
I guess copyright lawyers may, but nobody else unless they quote
Shakespeare or are history scholars!

From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to force nvda not to anounce XX as twenty, LV as
fifty five, etc

That is done by the synth itself.

You can use the speech dictionary to override it. So if you want IV to
be read as "I", "V" rather than 4, add a new entry and in the pattern to
match, type "iv"; in the replacement field, type "i v" (put a space in
between the letters, don't use quotes), and select the "Whole word"
radio button.

Of course you would have to do the same for each potential combination,
but if there are several which you encounter regularly then it could be
worthwhile for those at least.

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 8:32 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:
Which synth are you using. I've not been able to stop it in Espeak.
Its really irritating as we have an organisation here called VI
Parliament which gets said as Roman 6 Parliament!

Brian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William" <
cwwong.pro@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2018 10:02 AM
fifty
five, etc

Hi,

whenever NVDA come across something as LV CD XX XXX XXX etc will
processed as numbers where I want to stop such process, how would I be
able to do that?

Thanks,
William
--
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was formed in 1824.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was not formed

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.